2020 Locke Foundation Scholarship
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the purpose of the Locke Foundation (LF) scholarship?
- Locke Foundation is a non-profit organization established in 2003 to preserve the historic legacy of the town of Locke and to educate the public. The scholarship is intended to generate interest in promoting the history of Locke.
- Who can apply for the LF Scholarship?
- High school seniors who attend Delta High School and Rio Vista High School.
- When is the deadline?
- Applications must be received by 5:00 pm, Pacific Standard Time on April 3, 2020.
- How do I apply?
- The application form is available at www.locke-foundation.org/scholarship. Please download the form, fill in required information and mail with supporting documentation to address listed.
- What other documentation is required with application?
- Photo of yourself taken in Locke in 2020.
- Essay in 500 words or less on: What is historically significant about the town of Locke?
- Transcript(s) for high school and college (if applicable) should be mailed to Locke Foundation Scholarship Committee, P. O. Box 1085, Walnut Grove, CA 95690.
- One letter of recommendation from your current high school teacher or counselor.
- What is the criteria for selection?
- Applicant must demonstrate high academic performance, extracurricular activities, public service and insight into Locke history.
- How much is the scholarship award?
- Four scholarships will be awarded for $500 each. Locke Foundation reserves the right to reject any and all applications.
- Are there any requirements for scholarship recipient?
- Recipient must be present at Locke Asian Pacific Street Festival on Saturday, May 9, 2020, to accept award in person.
- When will recipient be notified?
- Recipient will be notified by April 24, 2020 by phone and email.
- Whom can I contact for further information about this scholarship program?
- Please send inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have never visited Locke, log on to www.locke-foundation.org for directions and hours of operation for museums.
Download 2020 Application (Word Document) Download FAQs (PDF)