|Better known as “Al the Wop’s”, Al’s place was constructed in 1915 by Lee Bing and three partners who ran a Chinese restaurant in Locke. In 1934 Al Adami came up the river from Ryde to become the only non-Chinese business owner in town. Al later purchased the building from Lee Bing and continued his restaurant/bar until his death in 1961. Like many eccentrics of Locke, Al also had surprises in store for his patrons: cutting off neckties (much too dressy for Al’s), throwing money onto the ceiling, and stirring the ladies’ drinks with his fingers. Today one can see a row of Harley’s parked out front from their usual customers.
Hours: Open 7 days week