Over the past 10 years the Foundation has funded such worthy projects as the Locke Memorial Park, with its striking monument dedicated to our early Chinese immigrants. The Foundation also organized and collaborated with the California State Parks and Recreation on the downstairs portion of the Boarding House Visitors Center, which now houses the Foundation’s office, display areas, kitchen, and archival spaces. The Foundation also sponsors the Writing Contest open to high school students of the River Delta School District.
The Locke Foundation offers a free tour of Locke to our new members. This special one-time tour will include an up-close and personal view of Locke’s Museums, Memorial Park, the Shops and Galleries down Main Street, Al the Wops. the vegetable garden and many more unique and interesting places normally unavailable to the general public. Please consider joining the Locke Foundation.
By becoming a member of the Locke Foundation you will be entitled to several benefits along with giving you the opportunity to show your support of an organization dedicated to the preservation of Locke’s unique legacy.
- Free Newsletters Our quarterly newsletter which offers an interesting and sometimes fun way of keeping you informed of the Foundation and of the town itself.
- Free artist photograph James Motlow is offering to the first 50 new members a signed digital photographic image from his book BITTER MELON, Stories From the Last Chinese Town in America.
- Self-Guided Historic Walking Tour Brochure of Locke
- 100% tax deduction
Types of memberships:
|Individual Annual $25 Lifetime $200||Family/Organization Annual $50 Lifetime $300||Business Annual $100 Lifetime $500|
Steps to Become a Member:
1. Choose your membership type (see table above)
2. Download and complete the membership form, fill it out
3. Mail the membership form to:
Locke Foundation Membership
P.O. Box 1085, Walnut Grove, CA 95690
4. Pay by check or Paypal your membership
Let’s keep preserving and celebrating Locke’s living legacy!